Job: Production Cook - Maternity Replacement
Les amis du FROMAGE is looking for a production cook for an 18 month Maternity Leave Replacement.
The position will be available starting July 1st, 2022
This person will oversee the preparation of our frozen soups and meals, including products for retail and wholesale.
These are not your average home replacement meals. All of our soups and entrees are made from scratch in small batches, by hand with care.
This person will be responsible for the preparation and packaging of our frozen soups and entrees. This is a full time, daytime job. Your schedule will be Monday to Friday, with a shift of 10 am to 6 pm. We close most holiday Mondays, so that means long weekends for you.
Our kitchen is spacious, clean, well maintained and air conditioned.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has previous kitchen experience
- Has good knife skills
- Has a commitment to quality, and an eye for details
- Is organized
- Has clean and tidy work habits
- Works well independently
- General food prep. Chopping, mixing, and cooking.
- Guarantee that only the best quality food is produced all of the time
- Follow and adhere to existing recipes and guarantee their accuracy and consistency
- Packaging of prepared meals. All items must be packaged neatly
- Keep stock areas clean, tidy and organized
- Prepare orders for delivery to wholesale customers
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness
- Dish and pot washing
- Participate in general sanitation and maintenance of the kitchen
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
You should be able to
- Work in cold storage areas such as a freezer or walk in cooler for extended periods
- Lift up to 25 Kg
What you have
- You have your own knives
- Some kitchen / cooking experience
- Food Save level 1 (level 2 is a bonus)
What we offer
- Wage: Based on experience. If you have a salary expectation, let's talk about it.
- We offer benefits including extended medical and dental after 6 months (Must be working 25 hours per week)
- 20% discount on all items in the store
- We provide and launder uniforms
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Joe Chaput along with a basic cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for the position. Subject line should be LADF Production Cook application. Only those most suitable for the job will be contacted.
les amis du FROMAGE is a family owned and operated local business. Our production kitchen is located on East Hastings Street in the Strathcona neighborhood of Vancouver.