1) Who are you?
2) How long have you worked at LADF?
3) Pick one cheese you can’t live without
I must agree with Joe on this one, I love a soft ripened goat cheese, especially the geotrichum ripened ones. I can't pass up that gooey outer creamy line and flakey center, the brainier-looking the better! I also enjoy eating a rock hard, super dry aged Crottin when I find it.
4) Best cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches?
My go-to is a mix of aged cheddar and gruyere
5) Most underrated cheese?
Havarti. I love it with a spicy salami sandwich, melted on toast or just plain snacking.
6) Do you have a favourite cheese and beverage pairing?
I'm not a wine expert but I like how a light to medium bodied red wine can bring out the nutty and fruity flavours of cave aged gruyere.
7) What is your earliest cheese memory?
As a Filipino I grew up eating sweet deserts topped with grated cheese. I especially love steamed rice cakes with extra cheese on top yum!!
8) Pick three items from LADF you’re totally loving lately
- San Nicasio truffle chips
- Marcel Petit Seduction Comte
- Ines Rosales Olive Oil Tortas
9) Favourite accompaniment with cheese
Hot Pepper Jelly
10) If you could only drink one drink for the rest of your life