les amis du FROMAGE is looking for a Full-Time production Chef to oversee the preparation of our frozen soups and meals. We currently have products listed in over 20 stores.
These are not your average home replacement meals. All of our soups and entrees are made from scratch in small batches, by hand with care. We use premium local ingredients like Farmcrest Farms chicken and Blue Goose organic beef. We also try to use other local ingredients where possible.
This is a full-time, day-time job.
About This Job
- General food prep. Chopping, mixing, and cooking.
- Guarantee that only the best quality food is produced all of the time
- Follow and adhere to existing recipes and guarantee their accuracy and consistency
- Packaging of prepared meals. All items must be packaged neatly
- Keep stock areas clean, tidy and organized
- Prepare orders for delivery to wholesale customers
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness
- Dish and pot washing
- Participate in general sanitation and maintenance of the kitchen
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Previous kitchen experience
- Excellent knife skills
- Commitment to quality and an eye for details
- Extremely organized
- Clean and tidy work habits
- Works well independently
- Work in cold storage areas such as a freezer or walk in cooler for extended periods
- Lift up to 25 Kg
What we can offer
- 20% discount on all items in the store.
- Employee Benefits after 6 months (must work 25+ hours per week)
- Wage based on experience.
If this sounds like a job for you, please send a resume along with a cover letter and salary expectations to Joe Chaput.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.