Job: Production Cook
Does the thought of working in a clean and organized kitchen with daytime working hours and weekends off sound like the change you’re looking for?
les amis du FROMAGE is looking for a person with cooking experience to prepare our line of frozen soups and meals. We currently sell them in our own stores, along with 4 SKU’s available wholesale. These are not your average home replacement meals. All our soups and entrees are made from scratch in small batches, by hand with care.
What we can offer:
• 36-40 hours per week
• Daytime hours of 10 am to 6pm
• Weekends off. We close holiday Mondays, so plenty of long weekends.
• Spacious and well-equipped kitchen
• Clean, working and maintained cooking equipment
• Air-conditioned workspace
• Wage based on experience. Pay increase after 3 months.
• Extended health benefits after 6 months
• 20% Discount on store products
• Friendly and respectful work environment
• You must have Food Safe Certificate: level 1, preferably level 2
• Minimum 3 years experience
• Experience making soups, stocks, basic meat butchery,
• Experience using tilting skillet and steam kettle an asset
• Ability to work in cold / frozen storage areas for extended periods of time
• Able to lift 50 lbs / 25 Kg
If this sounds like a job for you, please visit www.buycheese.com for more information about this job and our company.
TO APPLY: Email Joe Chaput, subject line (Production Cook). Please include a copy of your resume, and a brief note telling us why you're a good fit for this position. Only those most suitable for the job will be contacted.
les amis du FROMAGE is a small, family owned and operated company with two locations in Vancouver including Kitsilano and East Vancouver. We've been voted Vancouver's Best Cheese Shop by readers of the Georgia Straight and the Vancouver Courier.