Would you like to work at les amis du FROMAGE?
Who we are
We are Vancouver's busiest and best cheese store. We stock anywhere between 400-500 cheeses, specializing in raw milk French Cheeses. We also stock cheeses from BC, Italy, Spain and the UK
We pride ourselves on our selection of specialty food items including varietal olive oils, vinegars, crackers, biscuits, olives, pates and much much more.
We have a full kitchen on premises at our East Vancouver store in Strathcona where we make frozen meals to meet the take out demand of our busy customers. Our customers demand food at least as good as they would make at home for themselves if they had the time.
About the Store:
- We are a very busy retail store.
- We are open seven days a week, except holiday Mondays.
- Our customers expect us to have cheeses and other fine foods which they will not find at most stores or anywhere else.
- We wholesale cheese to Vancouver's finest restaurants and hotels
What We Are Looking For:
- Our preference is for keen individuals with a serious enthusiasm for fine food.
- Culinary experience is helpful, but not necessary
- Knowledge of cheese will be considered an asset but is not necessary.
- Wine knowledge will also be an asset
- What’s more important are energy, passion for food, and the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
Retail duties will include:
- Serving customers by helping them choose cheese, cutting cheese to order for them and helping them with anything else they may want to purchase.
- General cutting, wrapping and pricing of cheese during slower periods
- Taking and filling wholesale orders
- Stocking shelves
- General cleanliness of the store and some dishwashing
- Kitchen helper
- As we are a team, everybody participates in all tasks.
- Some heavy lifting may be required. You should be able to lift cheeses weighing up to 25 kg
You must be / have:
- Able to work any day, including weekends. You must also be available to work holidays, especially during our busy Christmas season
- Be able to work at either our Kitsilano or East Hastings stores
- Be able to start as early as 8 am, and work as late as 7pm. (not for your whole shift of course)
- Clean work habits
- Good eye for details
- Self motivated
- A passion for food
- A desire and the ability to provide great customer service
- Able to move and lift cheeses weighing up to 25 kg
- Be able to work in a cold environment for extended periods of time.
What We Can Offer:
- Excellent cheese training
- A professional yet fun work environment
- A chance to be part of the team at one of the best cheese shops in North America
- Fulltime daytime hours
- A starting wage of $12 per hour.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a great place to work, then we would love to hear from you. You may apply using the following methods
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
- Email: Please send your résumé and a cover letter to Attention: Allison Spurrell. Our preference is for either Microsoft Word or PDF.
- Fax: Please send your résumé and a cover letter to 604-736-0460
- In Person: You may drop off your résumé and cover letter to us in person at any one of our stores. We will do our best to make the time to meet you. However, please be respectful of how busy it may be in the store at the time you are applying.
- For kitchen jobs, please send your résumé and a cover letter to joe @ buycheese(dot)com. Our preference is for either Microsoft Word or PDF.
- Our customers are our business. If you see that it is busy and that there are several customers in the store, we ask that you please either just drop off your résumé with a staff member, or return again at a slower time.
- We thank all applicants in advance for taking the time to apply
- Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted