Upcoming Events at les amis du FROMAGE
Sep 24, 2014 - Cheese & Wine 101:
In this single session, we will provide a roadmap for understanding various cheese types and styles. We will introduce cheese basics, including milk types, textures, flavours, how to care for and serve fine cheeses. Then learn about how to approach the wines that you choose to pair with cheese. Sample some of the marriages made in heaven and discover pairings that suit your own personal taste.
Oct 29, 2014 - Vive la France
Make room in your schedule for this fantastic cheese tasting where you will explore some of the many regions of France. This tasting promises to highlight some of the best that France has to offer, and will include some classic cheese pairings with wines from the Alsace, Loire valley and Bordeaux.
Nov 18, 2014 - 150 years of Taylor Fladgate Port
Join Cynthia Opsal - Fladgate Partnership Brand & Western Canada Key Account Manager at Pacific Wine and Spirits Inc. This tasting will cover a range of Taylor Fladgate tawny ports, including the 10, 20, 30, & 40 year old Tawny Ports. It will also feature the 1964 limited edition single harvest port. Expect to sample a delicious selction of cheeses, followed by a light dessert of chocolates from Chocolate Arts along with dried fruits.
- All tickets are sold on a first come first served basis
- Pre-registration is required and space is limited to 20 people per session
- Tickets are only available for puchase online. Tickets will not be mailed. Your receipt is your ticket
- We do not accept ticket orders via email
All ticket sales are final. We are unable to offer refunds or credits for tastings. Should something come-up that would prevent you or your guest from attending the event, you are welcome to transfer the spot(s) to another person. If this does occur, please email us in advance with the name(s) of who will be attending in your place.
- Tastings begin sharply at the scheduled start time.
- All tastings will be taught in our store by Allison Spurrell.
- A 10% discount will be offered on all store purchases during the event
- We ask that you please refrain from wearing strong cologne or perfume at our tastings.
- Alcohol will be served. Please don’t drink and drive.
- You must be 19 yrs of age to attend. Proof of age may be require.