Upcoming Events at les amis du FROMAGE
Jan 21, 2015 - Cheers & Cheese SOLD OUT
A tasting of some of the most interesting cheese from the British Isles. We will explore the changing face of cheese making in England, Scotland and Ireland, while sampling an interesting array of ales and ciders. Lots of new cheeses are available to us these days, so take this opportunity to try some of our new and old favourites.
Feb 10, 2015 - Canada's Top Prize Winners SOLD OUT
The arena of Canadian cheese and wine making has certainly changed over the last few decades. Come and judge for yourself some of the cheeses that have won top honours at home and on the world stage. Try a selection of some grand prize winners and match them to some of the new crop of amazing Canadian wines. There is such an abundance to choose from, we’ll have a tough time choosing!
Mar 11, 2015 - Vintage Port Tasting
Join Cynthia Opsal - Fladgate Partnership Brand & Western Canada Key Account Manager at Pacific Wine and Spirits Inc. This tasting will cover a range vintage ports. Port is a wonderful partner to cheese, so it will be a treat to pair some with an interesting selection of vintage ports from Cynthia’s favourite Port Houses. Port also goes well with chocolate ….hint hint.
Apr 14, 2015 - Original vs Imitator
This will definitely not be a tasting for the meek, we want your opinions! We’re going to try 12-14 cheeses from their place of origin and then match them up with some of the cheeses that are made in their likeness. Are they pale imitators – or are they better than the real deal? Let’s find out and hopefully get some strong opinions on what your favourites are.
- All tickets are sold on a first come first served basis
- Pre-registration is required and space is limited to 20 people per session
- Tickets are only available for puchase online. Tickets will not be mailed. Your receipt is your ticket
- We do not accept ticket orders via email
All ticket sales are final. We are unable to offer refunds or credits for tastings. Should something come-up that would prevent you or your guest from attending the event, you are welcome to transfer the spot(s) to another person. If this does occur, please email us in advance with the name(s) of who will be attending in your place.
- Tastings begin sharply at the scheduled start time.
- All tastings will be taught in our store by Allison Spurrell.
- A 10% discount will be offered on all store purchases during the event
- We ask that you please refrain from wearing strong cologne or perfume at our tastings.
- Alcohol will be served. Please don’t drink and drive.
- You must be 19 yrs of age to attend. Proof of age may be require.